Thursday, March 6, 2014

Blog Post III: An Intro. to KingsIsle Games...


~ Hello. As I stated in my "Introduction" post; I would be talking about gaming. And since I'm beginning to build up my Blog I decided it's time I talk about two games I like to play. They're both owned by a company called KingsIsle. If you're interested in viewing their games click on this link to go to their Anyways, back to the subject of the post. The games are called Wizard101 and Pirate101. (You can view both Pirate101's and Wizard101's websites by clicking on the titles above.) While both games are awesomely fun I'd have to say both games have their Pros and Cons.
 
Wizard101, the first KingsIsle game I ever played is extremely fun for those into the whole "Magical Experience." Especially when you get to see awesome spells like so...

Such as the Immortal Spells...
(Video belongs to Blaze LifeHammer)
 
I also enjoy chatting with my friends and occasionally meeting many people from around the world. And speaking of "around the world" Wizard101 is great in that category too. They've created many different Game Worlds based on real-life places. Such as Zafaria which is based on Africa. These game worlds also have interesting characters all designed perfectly and giving off a nice cultural vibe. I also enjoy decorating my many Houses. One which is to be showcased on an official Wizard101 Fan-site. However, even though I enjoy this game a lot. I also dislike certain things in it. I don't wish to ruin the Wizard101 reputation but I feel like they could do more things to improve the current Community within the game. And clear up some of the young wizards that harass others in the Commons of Wizard City. Aside from that I also dislike the plot. It isn't focused on the original goal and often wanders off. Anyways, it's time to move on to Pirate101.
 
Pirate101 is another magnificent game. And just like Wizard101 it's set in the same universe. Which is known as the Spiral. This Spiral also holds many more game worlds with beautiful culture just like Wizard101's Zafaria and Wizard City. But what I really enjoy is how realistic Pirate101 is when it comes to their combat system and the plot. However, it also has some cons as I mentioned earlier. Yes, the game is new. But there's some things that Pirate101 should make similar to Wizard101. Such as the position of the chat box and the ability to use the "AFK Dance." Also, Pirate101 has a somewhat consistency to send you back and forth a lot. 
 
But now it's time that I tell you about the best thing about these two games. And that's the Community. No, not the Community you find stalking the Wizard City Commons. It's the Fan-sites and amazing Twizards and Twirates on Twitter. Such Fan-sites are...
 
 
A Wizard101 site for documenting Pets, their Talents, and much more. Petnome is awesome for learning the secrets and preparing your first generation Pets.
 
 
Possibly one of the largest guides in the Wizard101 Community. Cooperating with young Wizards all over the Spiral Wizard101 Central has grown large and provides information on nearly every topic in the Wizard realm.
 
 
A more different Fan-site. This site provides news about every week via Podcasts and online. Tune in when you can if you're ever in the need for some Wizardly entertainment.
 
 
A Fan-site that assists young Wizards with Questing and Dungeons. Check it out if your ever in the need of assistance.
 
 
Another blog that provides an interesting view from an Ice Wizard. It's always up to the date with the latest happenings in Wizard101 and can be quite resourceful for a guide.
 
 
A Fan-site for both Wizard101 and Pirate101. It generally assists young Wizards and Pirates with dueling techniques and is helpful for any inexperienced duelist on the road to Warlord.
 
 
This Fan-site is always busy. Aside from the many contests that they host they also ask they're also communicative with their members and lots of interesting activities for Wizards to participate in.
 
 
Ditto is the funniest and friendliest monster in the Wizard101 and Pirate101 Community. He makes awesome videos about has adventures throughout the Spiral so I suggest you check some out.
 
The Friendly Necromancer is a Blog that is owned by the Pirate101 Community Manager One-Eyed Jack. It's pretty interesting to view his posts and see his aspects on a game that he helps make fun.
 
 
These two links above go to the same Fan-site but one is for Wizard101 and the other Pirate101. Run by Kelsey FireHeart; the blog provides many guides to assist any young Pirate or Wizard that is having trouble with finding specific attire, completing quests, and much more!
 
 
Probably my most relatable Fan-site. Paige Moonshade is a kind woman that loves to decorate. Check out her Fan-site for all things housing!
 
 
A new Fan-site for both Wizard101 and Pirate101. Check out Alura's fantastic artwork and even share your own!
 
 
 The sister-site for Pirate101. Pirate101 Central is working its way to become the largest the Community Guide.
 
 
Another sister-site for Pirate101. Much like Wizard101's Mercenaries for Hire this site offers assistance to young Pirates that need help Questing and with Dungeons.
 
 
 Yet another sister-site for Pirate101. This site offers similar information like Wizard101's Petnome. But documents Pirate101 pets without the Talents and such.
 
 
Similar to the Spiral Radio; Skull Island TV provides lots of news and information for the Pirate101 Community.
 
 
 The last sister-site for Pirate101. Much like Legends of the Spiral, Stormgate Pirates offers lots of Community fun such as contests, events, and many more interesting features!
 
 
 A Fan-site for adventures Pirates. It provides databases and fun Blog posts about all you need to know in Pirate101.
 
 
 A Pirate101 Fan-site for contests and fun. Stay updated and participate in everything they offer. But also don't forget to read their posts about new Pirate101 content.
 
 
A Blog written by Edward LifeGem. On his blog he posts unique posts about his experiences questing in the Spiral.
 
 
 A Blog written by Johnny. On his blog he posts everything about recent updates in the Pirate101 Community.
 
 
I'm a member of this blog. All though fairly new I can say I'm excited to be posting there. And I hope to see many young Pirates viewing my posts as well as the other Bloggers.
 
 
This Blog inspired me to create my own blog. Swordroll is an official UK Fan-Site so if you're looking for UK fun he's the blog to stalk. And even if you're not a UK Wizard you can always stay updated with his Concept101 Posts and much more!
 
 
 
Another Fan-site I really love to stalk. Run by FrostCaller, he provides stunning visual banners for each of his posts and talks about the latest interests in the Community.
 
Thank you to all that read this Post and I'd appreciate it if you continued to check my Blog daily. Because pretty soon I'm going to be writing out my Story which will showcase my future Ambitions for my own game that I'd love to design, from the point of view of a 15-year-old boy.
 
Well, that's all for now. I hope you enjoyed this post. Leave a comment below if there's anything I should add, change or remove. See you around! ~
 
~Sincerely, Umbra...
 
P.s If anyone has a game that they'd like to share with me to try out I'll try it out when I get a chance and share a Post about it with everyone. Thanks...
 
 

 
 

 
 

2 comments:

  1. Sean Shadowflame, where am I on this list lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you own a Fan-site and you want me to mention you just DM me on Twitter. :)

      Delete